“It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.” -St. Francis

Our History

In 1983, about 197 families came together in south Madison County to form St. Francis of Assisi Parish. Two decades later, our parish has grown to over 1380 families. In that time the growth of the parish has caused many changes. In the early days, Masses were celebrated at Woods Family Restaurant and then the wooden building that was located at Cerami’s Restaurant, which is now St. Anthony Hall.

The first permanent church building was dedicated in November 1987. Our current 700 seat Church and Family Life Center were dedicated on May 14, 2000 and the old church building was converted to an assembly room and renamed St. Clare Hall in memory of St. Clare, the friend of St. Francis.

The growth of the parish has not been in population alone. The many services and programs offered by the parish have mirrored the growth of its members. Spiritual formation, charitable giving, evangelization and community service have all grown with the increase of parish membership.

Here is a brief video presentation of our Church.