Annual Floyd Q. Doolittle Golf Classic to benefit the Diocesan Seminarian Education Fund, Saturday, August 21, 2021, Whisper Lake Golf Club. Four person best ball, open to the public, shotgun start at 1P.M. All player registrations and sponsorships above $500 include unlimited beverages, lunch prior to start, and a meal/family social at the end. Prizes for first and second place teams, longest drive, closest to the pin, and door prizes awarded.
Email : email@example.com
Questions: Tim Prater 601-955-1715
In light of the recent CDC announcement that vaccinated individuals no longer have to wear masks, the bishop has issued some revised
- Please follow the directions of the hospitality ministers.
- Apply hand sanitizer as you enter the Church.
- Face masks are no longer mandatory, but encouraged for those who have not been vaccinated, or for anyone who has a compromised immune system. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, you are welcome to do so. Eucharistic ministers are required to wear a mask while distributing Holy Communion.
- Maintain 3 feet social distancing. With the exception of one section of pews, the yellow caution tape has been removed. You may sit in any pew but maintain 3 feet of separation from anyone not part of your family/group.
- The Daily Chapel is reserved for those individuals/families with compromised immune systems or who want greater social distancing. Masks should be worn in this area.
- Eucharistic ministers will no longer walk through the pews distributing Holy Communion. We will return to our traditional style of distribution with the exception of the marked off section and the Daily Chapel. Holy Communion will be distributed at Mass in the hand only.
- The cry room is open. However, parents are encouraged to wipe down/spray any furniture used by their family so that the space will be sanitized for the next person.
- Offertory baskets will continue to be in the gathering area and you are encouraged to give online.
- We will continue to dismiss by section at the end of Mass.
- The Dispensation from Sunday Mass will end on the Feast of Corpus Christi, Saturday and Sunday, June 5/6. The Sunday obligation will be restored on this great feast when we can satisfy our hunger for the Bread of Life, in Word and Sacrament with the reception of Holy Communion. Keep in mind that the Church always dispenses from the Sunday obligation when any of the faithful are confronting serious health concerns. Therefore, someone can validly make the decision to attend Mass during the week, if able, and to participate in the Mass on the Lord’s Day through live streaming.
Thank you for your faith and we appreciate your cooperation during this time of many changes. I want to express my gratitude to the many
volunteers that have guided us and assisted us. Step by step we will get back to normal. Pray for healing and one another.
Peace, Fr. Albeen
Salvation: God is Love itself. To join God in Heaven we must continually purge ourselves of the selfish, worldly addictions that keep from giving ourselves completely to our Lord. Hell is just the opposite—the utter absence of love. God doesn’t inflict Hell. By choice the damned freely prefer it. Real love, unselfish love, is a fire, a blaze that lifts the soul towards God. This is why Hell in Dante’s Inferno is not a furnace but a lake of ice, kept eternally frozen by the sin of pride – continually fanned by the flapping of the unrepentant Satan’s wings. It’s who we love, what we love and how well we love that determines our final and permanent destination. So we need to choose wisely and we need to choose well. CCC 1020-1050
If you have rosaries, medals, Crucifixes, statues and/or lightly used books for incoming RCIA candidates please bring them by the Church office. Thanks to those that have donated—Wollie.
If you know of anyone interested in becoming Catholic or knowing more about what we believe please contact the parish office at 601-856-5556.
The Diocese of Jackson’s Department of Temporal
Affairs has engaged Lighthouse Services to provide an anonymous financial fraud, compliance, ethics, and human resources hotline. This hotline allows for an appropriate method to report occurrences related to the temporal administration within parishes, schools, and the chancery office.
For more information call English speaking USA:
888-830-0004. Spanish speaking USA: 800-216-1288 or visit the website www.lighthouse-services.com/jacksondiocese
If you or someone you know is in a nursing home or assisted care facility and needs communion brought to them please contact the office at 601-856-5556.