Parish Religious Education
“Behold, children are a gift from the Lord.” Psalm 127:3
- Thank you to all who helped plan, organize, and prepare materials for Advent-Fair-at Home kits! Special thanks to Lucy Van Dalsem, Leah Muller, Pat Ross, Robin and Holly Weltens, Allison and Allie Kelly, Amy, John Parker, and Avery Hornback, Marcie, Emily, and Delaney Ralston, Austin Tomassini, Maddie-Claire Spence, Harper and Emerson Schuhmann, Daniel Inman, and Lauren Seymour!
- There will be NO Sunday School or Life Teen on November 29. All classes resume on December 6.
- No WOW! for Thanksgiving break, but we will resume on December 2.
- Service to the homeless project with Why Not Now of Mississippi continues. Please bring Chapstick, travel-sized lotion, and hand sanitizers, plus any other previously
requested items to next WOW / Life Teen. Place items in the collection box in the gym.
- We are also collecting monetary donations for purchasing lunch to serve the homeless on December 20. Please bring to one of our youth ministers by December 13, checks payable to St. Francis.
- Our Christ in Christmas Adopted family sign-up form with 4 children’s gift needs and wishes will be emailed through Flocknote to all 7th-12th grade youth this week.
Every position is important for our Mass to run smoothly; this year especially. Fr. Albeen requests that you prayerfully consider signing up for one or more of our Liturgical Ministries. Our parish needs YOU! Although we will continue with your name on the list, if you signed up in a previous year we would like to know of your recommitment. You can review our ministries through the following link and sign up for your preference. If you have questions or concerns, please call the parish office or email
We invite you to turn in your pledge card in the basket in the gathering area. By turning in, a pledge, it helps us to budget for the year.
Everyone is invited to strongly consider how you will make your own personal commitment to our parish through our Stewardship Appeal for St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church. We ask that you spend time in prayer and discernment as you reflect on your own response to the Stewardship
Appeal. If you have not received your card by mail, please call the parish office 601-856-5556.
We are excited to be part of #GivingTuesday in the 5th year or #iGiveCatholic on December 1st. What a better way to thank God for his continued blessings than to give back to our community. This year our focus will be on our St. Clare Renovation Project – we need furniture!
Early giving has begun. Give to St. Francis today!
Local authorities have strongly encouraged that all churches strictly follow safety protocols, or else reconsider opening for public worship. Therefore, we need your cooperation and patience! Here are some things to consider:
- Face masks are mandatory. Love thy neighbor and make a sacrifice for him or her. If this presents an issue, please consider watching the live stream at 10:30 AM next Sunday.
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet) from anyone not in your household. Please do not sit in pews or seats that are roped off. We are closing every other pew in order to maintain a safe distance.
- Please follow the directions of the hospitality ministers as you enter and depart. At the end of Mass, stay in your pew. We will dismiss section-by-section to help maintain distance and also to prevent congestion in the gathering area.
- Apply hand sanitizer as you enter the Church or the FLC. Dispensers will be located at the entrances. No gloves are to be worn.
- Vulnerable individuals, those 65 and older, or with underlying health conditions, should continue to shelter in place. Families with vulnerable individuals are encourage to continue to take special precautions. The dispensation of the Sunday Mass obligation continues until further notice.
- The cry room will remain closed until further notice.
- If you do not feel well, please stay home.
- Holy Communion will be distributed at Mass on the hand only. There will be no Communion on the tongue. We humbly ask for your understanding. Please be seated after receiving communing. This policy must be followed for the safety of our priests and Eucharistic ministers. If you cannot receive communion by hand, please consider the Spiritual Act of Communion.
- Use bathrooms only if this is an emergency.
- Offertory baskets will not be distributed during Mass. There will be one offertory basket in the gathering area of the church and in the Family Life Center. We encourage you to continue giving online.
- We encourage and promote community at St. Francis. There will be a time and place for this to resume, but now is not the time in light of these restrictions. After Mass, we encourage everyone to depart to their vehicles. We promise that at the appropriate time, we will have a fitting celebration together as one Body of Christ! By then, it will be time to re-open our beautiful St. Clare Hall so that we can share it with you. Until then, the safety of you and your loved ones is our top priority.
RCIA meets on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM.
If you know anyone interested in learning more about the Catholic faith call the parish office or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please pray for our catechumens:
Mellesia Chatmon, Lois Booth, Evan Wright and Chris Walker.
In celebration of Thanksgiving, our office will be closed this week on Wednesday, November 25th at Noon and re-open on Monday, Novmber 30th. We will not have access to voice mail, therefore please email us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
The Diocese of Jackson’s Department of Temporal
Affairs has engaged Lighthouse Services to provide an anonymous financial fraud, compliance, ethics, and human resources hotline. This hotline allows for an appropriate method to report occurrences related to the temporal administration within parishes, schools, and the chancery office.
For more information call English speaking USA:
888-830-0004. Spanish speaking USA: 800-216-1288 or visit the website www.lighthouse-services.com/jacksondiocese
If you or someone you know is in a nursing home or assisted care facility and needs communion brought to them please contact the office at 601-856-5556.